Monday 9 June 2008

-The End-

OF EXAMS!!!

And just as I used to do in Year 7/8 with my mates in Malaysia: I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Well, for the next today and tomorrow anyway, but that's good enough for me. =)

Today has been excessively rainy today. It began at about 1am this morning in a perfect gale outside my window and progressed into an unbearable storm by the time 7am came around. It's currently 5pm now and although the rain has stopped, the clouds still remain and it still looks like it's going to rain. Bah humbug. South Africa was never like this. Johannesburg had the most perfect weather- raining in the summer and raining in winter so that it remained a perfect combination or both cold and dry or hot and wet.
Yes, I still miss Johannesburg weather.

I started work again recently last Saturday, and it's been crazy. It's been quiet, but at the same time pretty busy. Maybe I'm just out of touch from working after exams and all, but in a way, it's nice to be back. Even though I dislike having to go to work at 8.30 in the morning. At least at school I could get there a relax a bit before class started, but with work, it's get there, start working. I don't like the rushed atmosphere I guess.
Word of warning to anyone who decides to get a part-time job: it's not all as it seems, and it usually isn't that much better than school, even IF you are getting paid for being there. Working in a supermarket is absolute terror because you're usually on call all the time whenever you're in the supermarket, and working in retail shops, ie. like me, gets boring after a while because there's only so many places you can walk around to. I pretty much have the grand selection of: the lottery counter, the post office/cigarette counter, the stationary section, the card section and the office. I am able to walk through ALL of these sections when I do vacuuming. Which isn't as great as it's made out to be. Generally, it's a boring job. Unless of course, you really love doing the lottery that much.

But on to happier thoughts: Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Mishy <3

No comments: