Tuesday 30 June 2009

Note to Self

STOP GAMBLING.

xD

That sounded bad.

Today was the 90 million Oz Lotto draw. It's never actually hit 90 million before, so everyone in all of Australia basically went berserk.
I should know. Working at the newsagency today was no piece of cake. In fact, I was tortured, slowly but surely. When I checked the summary for the day, I found that we'd sold over 2000 lottery tickets today. When people came up to the counter wanting to buy things like 'Monday Lotto', I would look confused. People coming up to buy only cards or stationary definitely got some kind of weird glance from me today. Purely because I wasn't expecting it.

Everybody was investing in today's draw.
Everybody was hoping to win even a bit of it.


Even I was investing in it.


I checked my tickets online just now.

Guess what...?
























I didn't win.

Go ahead. Laugh.
What sucks more is this. My aunt from Malaysia also decided to invest in the lottery. I sincerily don't think she could resist the idea of winning 90 million Australian Dollars when she earned everything in Malaysian Ringgit. My parents also invested. And out of all of us - my aunt won AUD$20.45.

SHE'S NOT EVEN IN THE COUNTRY AT THE MOMENT!!!

But I SWEAR this is a sign from the Almighty above telling me to stop gambling.

xx

No comments: